Starcraft 2 Announced
Starcraft 2 was announced this last week. Time to brush up on your Terran, Protoss and Zerg history!
Guild Wars: Factions
The stand-alone Guild Wars: Factions is the second campaign in ArenaNet's massively-multiplayer online role-playing game. The Factions campaign, which can be played either connected with the regular Guild Wars or as its own separate game, includes new regions (with an entire new continent), professions, skills, missions, and monsters, along with expanded options for both Cooperative and Player-versus-Player (PvP) play, and enhanced features for guilds.
- A New World — Guild Wars: Factions takes place in Cantha, an Asian-inspired three-nation continent far to the south of the lands of Tyria, the setting for Guild Wars (the original Prophecies campaign). Players who own both Factions and the original Prophecies campaign can travel between the two continents by boat.
- New Professions —
- The deadly Assassin uses a pair of daggers and teleportation to strike down enemies at close range.
- The Ritualist is a “dark priest” who controls the battlefield by summoning spirits and channeling the power of the dead.
- Alliances — Guilds can join together to form guild alliances. Allied guilds share alliance chat and can visit each other’s guild halls. Alliances can also gain control of cities and towns in Cantha by participating in Alliance Missions, which gives them the ability to trigger events and gain access to exclusive areas.
- Factions — By aligning with one of two warring factions, alliances can gain and hold territory by participating in Faction Battles. The outcome of these battles influences the progress of the war between the two factions. Current battle lines and control of cities and towns is visible on the world map.
- New Game Types —
- Challenge Missions — Cooperative missions with specific scoring objectives, such as holding out against progressive waves of enemies. We will track and display personal bests and high scores and display them in game.
- Elite Missions — The most powerful alliances will have access to new areas that are designed to be the ultimate cooperative challenge.
- Alliance Missions — Multiple teams compete to control resource points and achieve strategic victory. Victors earn faction points for their alliance that will determine control of towns and outposts.
- Faction Battles — Large-scale, strategic PvP battles that allow factions to conquer new territory.
- New Content —
- A total of 300 new skills, including 90 new elite skills, for the two new Factions professions and the six core Guild Wars professions
- More than 50 new locales, including story missions, combat arenas, and questing areas
- More than 100 new creatures
- New guild halls
- New faces, hair styles, and armor sets for both Factions and core professions
- New pets
- Hundreds of new weapons and items
Our Recent Review:
|Added To Directory
||3:45pm, March 10, 2006
||4:09am, May 22, 2006
Go To Game Website
Vote For This Game
View 15 Screenshots
News For This Game
Games By Attributes List (1-10 of 984)
(SF) Unification Wars
Unification Wars is a free Massively Online Game with over 350,000 members! You are the leader of an empire, recruit and level up your minister(s) to assist you to expand your economy, military and power by diplomatic or military means. Enslave all...
Classic Medieval fantasy game involving nine different civilizations.
Free online drag racing simulator.
3Kingdoms is an unparalleled adventure which through over a decade of active development has grown to be the largest and most advanced online role-playing game in existence. Based around the mighty town of Pinnacle, three colossal realms beckon the...
4Dimensions is, and will always be, totally free to play, although we have more features than many pay-to-play MUDs. We have a rather unique eight-classed four-tiered Remort system, allowing you the choice of either spreading your skills out over...
A Tale In The Desert
A MMORPG that contains no combat, monsters, swords, or armor. Your character advances by completing, participating in, or leading large projects. Negotiation and politics play a very large role in how the game is played out.
A Virtual Horse
A Virtual Horse is a very challenging horse sim game where players can raise virtual horses and compete with other players. Players can have jobs, can manufacture tack, play games or chat. The game is shaped as a virtual town and a group of active...
A3: The Awakening
Being an extraterrestrial isn't all fun and games. On the plus side, there's abduction and probing, but that usually leads to chafing... Then, you're lucky if you rack up enough vacation time to sightsee on Earth, if you can afford it;...
Aardwolf is a unique multiplayer user dimension (MUD) which has been in existence for over eight years. This text based environment lets you assume the role of a character you create and interact with other players and the inhabitants of a...
Achaea- Dreams of Divine Lands
Achaea is Iron Realms' most venerable game world, having opened to the public in 1997. Since then, it has gone on to become the most lauded text MMO in existence. The G4 network called it "fascinating" and "addictive." John...