Starcraft 2 Announced
Starcraft 2 was announced this last week. Time to brush up on your Terran, Protoss and Zerg history!
Guild Wars: Factions
The stand-alone Guild Wars: Factions is the second campaign in ArenaNet's massively-multiplayer online role-playing game. The Factions campaign, which can be played either connected with the regular Guild Wars or as its own separate game, includes new regions (with an entire new continent), professions, skills, missions, and monsters, along with expanded options for both Cooperative and Player-versus-Player (PvP) play, and enhanced features for guilds.
- A New World — Guild Wars: Factions takes place in Cantha, an Asian-inspired three-nation continent far to the south of the lands of Tyria, the setting for Guild Wars (the original Prophecies campaign). Players who own both Factions and the original Prophecies campaign can travel between the two continents by boat.
- New Professions —
- The deadly Assassin uses a pair of daggers and teleportation to strike down enemies at close range.
- The Ritualist is a “dark priest” who controls the battlefield by summoning spirits and channeling the power of the dead.
- Alliances — Guilds can join together to form guild alliances. Allied guilds share alliance chat and can visit each other’s guild halls. Alliances can also gain control of cities and towns in Cantha by participating in Alliance Missions, which gives them the ability to trigger events and gain access to exclusive areas.
- Factions — By aligning with one of two warring factions, alliances can gain and hold territory by participating in Faction Battles. The outcome of these battles influences the progress of the war between the two factions. Current battle lines and control of cities and towns is visible on the world map.
- New Game Types —
- Challenge Missions — Cooperative missions with specific scoring objectives, such as holding out against progressive waves of enemies. We will track and display personal bests and high scores and display them in game.
- Elite Missions — The most powerful alliances will have access to new areas that are designed to be the ultimate cooperative challenge.
- Alliance Missions — Multiple teams compete to control resource points and achieve strategic victory. Victors earn faction points for their alliance that will determine control of towns and outposts.
- Faction Battles — Large-scale, strategic PvP battles that allow factions to conquer new territory.
- New Content —
- A total of 300 new skills, including 90 new elite skills, for the two new Factions professions and the six core Guild Wars professions
- More than 50 new locales, including story missions, combat arenas, and questing areas
- More than 100 new creatures
- New guild halls
- New faces, hair styles, and armor sets for both Factions and core professions
- New pets
- Hundreds of new weapons and items
Our Recent Review:
|Added To Directory
||3:45pm, March 10, 2006
||3:09am, May 22, 2006
Go To Game Website
Vote For This Game
View 15 Screenshots
News For This Game
Games By Letter List (1-10 of 30)
Hades' Quantum Star: Generations Server
Quantum Star: Generations is based on Quantum Star SE 2.2 which is in turn based on Solar Empires. The gameplay of all is quite similar but QS Generations has many additions and enhancements as well as having had many of the bugs from earlier...
The player again picks up the crowbar of research scientist Gordon Freeman, who finds himself on an alien-infested Earth being picked to the bone, its resources depleted, its populace dwindling. Freeman is thrust into the unenviable role of rescuing...
Half-Life: Desert Crisis
A Half-Life mod, Desert Crisis is set in the near future with three warring factions. It features a character selection system similar to old-school paper RPGs. You choose your body-type, weapons, and perks such as extra adrenaline, nightvision and...
Purchase NowHalo 2 Halo the Graphic Novel Regular Edition - Used Collector's Edition - Used Multiplayer Map Pack - Used Halo 2 Shirt XLHalo 2 is the sequel to Halo - the best-selling Xbox game to date. Halo 2's plot sees Master Chief and...
Anasazi is a fantasy game, featuring dragons, mages, knights and much more. Each player takes on the role of a lord or lady, in charge of a providence, were they get to select the racial break down of each race in their lands. Using the different...
what is happypimpin? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- the latest in the genre of pimp theme gaming, built by enve to address the flaws of it's predecessors. the goal was to give the game back to...
Harbinger is a browser-based multiplayer real-time space-strategy online game, which is based on short rounds (approx. 3 month).After the registration you start at the edge of the galaxy and take over the leadership of your empire. Now you can build...
Harketh is an online medieval war simulation which allows players from all over the world to go head-2-head with each other in battle. Players control their own online Province in the game, each of which belongs to a larger Kingdom containing...
Hattrick is an online football game where you trade players and coach your team in competition with tens of thousands of simultaneous opponents from all over the world. This is how it works Hattrick is free of charge. You run your team using a...
Drawing on over four years of Play by E Mail experience and expertise, Hawking Fleet has become an established renowned PBEM game for both beginners and experienced writers alike. The vast majority of our vessels have over three years of history and...