The new grand strategy masterpiece from award winning game designer Hubert Cater! Combining the ease of play, accessibility and addicting gameplay of the original Strategic Command, Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg adds tons of new features including many player submitted suggestions. Bigger, better and expandable, Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg is an evolutionary, as well as revolutionary, new grand strategy game. Read below for a glimpse of what's in store for you in Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg!
• Rewrite history with 6 full length, open ended campaigns beginning at key stages of World War II. Begin the war from the historical invasion of Poland in 1939, Denmark and Norway in 1940, Russia in 1941, Stalingrad in 1942, the invasion of Sicily by the Allies in 1943 or the epic beach landings of D-Day in 1944.
• Five additional mini-campaigns included, North Afrika, Kursk, D-Day, Market Garden, and the Battle of the Bulge each with clearly defined victory conditions and turn limits.
• Huge and beautifully rendered 140x38 2-D isometric tile map with a true-to-scale recreation of Europe (max custom map size of 256x128).
• Map includes greatly expanded areas like North America, the Atlantic (with Iceland) and a very deep USSR (over twice the size of the original map in SCET).
• Command the forces of 30 different countries, (6 major and 24 minor) including Germany, UK, USA, USSR, France, Italy, Spain, Canada, Poland, Finland and many more.
• Take control of 16 different unit types (each with up to 26 different characteristics) covering all the major facets of land, sea and air combat, including new units like Paratroops, Engineers, Partisans and Amphibious Transports.
• Expanded unit models for Air Fleets (Auto/Intercept/Escort/Ground), Submarines (Hunt/Silent) and HQ's (Auto/Select/Deselection of unit attachments).
• New production rules that allow for the option to set build and time delays for unit purchases.
• New features like river sided tiles, frozen/snow/mud/sand terrain as well as separate dynamic winter and desert 3-D unit graphics.
• Enhanced diplomatic model that will not only be driven by game events and player pressuring but will allow opposing sides to engage in active counter diplomacy.
• Advanced event engine that will allow players to script/create custom events like troop transfers, supply, territorial surrender and annexation rules.
• Greatly expanded editor that will give you the control to create custom maps and sizes, place and/or delete any unit/resource/terrain, edit each unit characteristic, set build limits, even edit and create new unit types and countries (up to 44 different countries allowed)! An entire game engine at your fingertips!
• Multiplayer supports Hotseat, PBEM, as well as Network (TCP/IP) play.
• Sophisticated AI, Weather, Fog of War Effects, Convoy Routing, Lend-Lease, Scorched Earth Tactics, Siberian troops, Soviet Winter, Urals Industry, Malta Effect and much, much more!
Our Recent Review:
|Added To Directory
||1:48am, April 5, 2006
||2:10am, April 5, 2006
Go To Game Website
Vote For This Game
View 10 Screenshots
Press Releases For This Game
News For This Game