E3: 'Mega Man Battle Network 6' on GBA
Capcom announces Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar and Cybeast Falzar for the Game Boy Advance
LOS ANGELES - Capcom today showcased Mega Man Battle Network 6 in two versions – Cybeast Gregar and Cybeast Falzar for the Game Boy Advance.
The net battle series reaches a dramatic climax as familiar heroes, Lan and Mega Man, find themselves on unfamiliar terrain both in the real and cyber worlds. They will face the mightiest threats the series has ever seen but also wield the greatest power ever available. Capcom plans to release Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar and Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Falzar across North America in June 2006.
In Mega Man Battle Network 6, Lan’s father has received a job transfer and the family moves to Cyber City, a town known for conducting various technological experiments. Lan will meet new people and build new friendships in the real world while Mega Man befriends helpful Navis and encounters dangerous new enemies on the virtual plane. Together they will face threats far more powerful and perilous than they ever have before.
A long time ago, two ancient creatures with unimaginable power ravaged the net. These two behemoths, called “Cybeasts,” clashed against each other with such force that the entire virtual landscape was changed forever. One embodied the form of a vicious wolf, with massive fangs and horrific howls that reached far and wide. The other was a ferocious bird with razor sharp claws and immense wings that flapped mightily, blowing over everything in its path. After their last known battle, a giant crater was all that remained and it was named the Underground, where they have lain in slumber… until now. Through the actions of a mysterious foe, they have been awakened and unleashed upon the net. Mega Man is able to intervene and manages to successfully contain one of the beasts within him.
In addition to the shifting story, new features change up the game play. A new “Cross System” allows Mega Man to utilize the special power of allies in battle. Mega Man will encounter several “Link Navis” along the way which, when defeated, will lend their own cross ability that can be used in battle. Though very useful, each has a particular weakness. Another powerful advantage is the “Beast Out” system, resulting from Mega Man’s absorption of the powerful Cybeasts. The option to use the ancient monster’s power during battle will become available, offering a boost in speed, ability to rapid fire Buster shots, double a Battle Chip’s attack power and more. While a Cross is equipped, Mega Man can also Beast Out, combining the forces of these two systems to maximize the power of the Crosses even further. However, the use of the Beast Out system is very limited and if Mega Man becomes fatigued, he may succumb to an uncontrollable overdrive mode called “Beast Over.” In this state, Mega Man will be very powerful for a short period of time, but then when he is released from this mode, he will be left in a very weakened state, close to dying.
Mega Man Battle Network 6 features includes:
- New town, new storyline
- “Cross System” – defeat Link Navisand gain their special “Cross” ability which Mega Man can use in battle
- “Beast Out” powers -- allows players to use the abilities of a formidable Cybeast creature
- Combine both Cross and Beast Out systems for incredible power possibilities
- Game Boy Advance Game Link Cable and wireless adapter compatible functions
- Trade programs and Battle Chips
- Compare records and have Net battles with your friends
- Distinct features for Cybeast Gregar and Cybeast Falzar
- Five distinct Link Navis aid Mega Man in each version, for a total of 10
- Assorted Battle Chips for each version
- Each Cybeast is the final boss for the two versions
- Combinations of Cross and Beast Out systems vary between the two versions
- Different strategies for winning– with unique powers available and different enemies players face in each game, the strategy for completing them will change