E3: Two 'Ace Combat' Titles Takes-Off
Ace Combat: The Belkan War and Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception is targeting an autumn release
LOS ANGELES - Ace Combat flies onto PSP and takes off in The Belkan War on PlayStation 2.
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe announced the autumn 2006 release of two new titles developed by Namco Bandai Games Ace Combat: The Belkan War exclusively for PlayStation 2, and Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception, exclusively for PSP (PlayStation Portable).
In Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception, the combat and drama of the Ace Combat series come to PSP for the first time. The game features exclusive maps and a storyline created specifically for PSP, along with the extensive range of licensed aircraft expected from an Ace Combat game. The “Strategic AI System” varies each of the brand new missions according to your decisions, resulting in a huge range of possibilities and almost limitless replay value.
In a first for the Ace Combat series, up to four players will be able to take part in multiplayer dogfights using the PSP system’s Ad Hoc Mode, allowing fans to team up or face off to prove who rules the skies. With its single and multi-player modes, Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception will bring an aerial combat experience to PSP.
Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception on PSP game features include:
- Extensive multiplayer combat for up to four players via Ad Hoc Mode – clash in head-to-head dogfights, escort your forces into enemy territory or team up for co-operative battles
- "Strategic AI System” alters mission structure on every play, providing extended replay-ability
- Customize original aircraft with parts obtained during missions – tune flight performance or upgrade weaponry
- 15 large and varied maps, from gritty urban scenery to picturesque natural landscapes
Ace Combat: The Belkan War is the latest chapter in the Ace Combat franchise on PlayStation 2. Serving as a prequel to the previous PlayStation 2 release, The Belkan War will answer questions surrounding the dramatic conflict fought in Ace Combat: Squadron Leader. A whole host of new game features have also been introduced, in hopes to provide an even more exciting and immersive dog-fighting experience for rookie Ace Combat pilots and seasoned aces alike. Contest varied missions as you battle invading forces and the fate of Ustio and its people hangs in the balance.
With a choice of more than 30 licensed aircraft you have the opportunity to fly the world’s most elite modern fighters and experience the thrill of dog-fighting. Waiting to face you is a range of enemy squadrons, each led by rival ace pilots with distinctive personalities and tactics. As the plot evolves, these aces are interviewed retrospectively about your flying style and the impact you have on the course of the war. The result is compelling blend of action and drama that no potential ace could resist.
Ace Combat: The Belkan War on PlayStation 2 game features include:
- Epic plot and missions, and more than 30 licensed aircraft
- Improved enemy AI – some team-up, others choose to take you on in one-on-one dogfights
- The Ace Style Gauge System – your combat style and choices in battle determine the reactions of other pilots and affect the missions and enemies you will face
- Two player mode – take on a friend in split-screen dogfighting action and dominate the skies
The Ace Combat series is back this autumn. With two games on the horizon, the battle for air supremacy is about to begin.