E3: Apes Leaping to the PSP and PS2
Ape Academy 2 coming to the PSP in September, and Ape Escape Million Monkeys follows on PlayStation 2
LOS ANGELES - More monkey mayhem heading your as those curious apes continue to escape.
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has announced the release of two new Ape titles. Following hot on the tails of Ape Escape P and Ape Escape 3, Ape Academy 2 is out on PSP (PlayStation Portable) this September. Not long after that, ape-fans can enjoy tooled-up, chimp-kicking action on PlayStation 2, as the monkeys strike back in Ape Escape: Million Monkeys.
Ape Academy 2 is the next stage in monkey mayhem on PSP. Players join the monkeys following their graduation from the Ape Academy as they square off in a zany paper-scissors-rock card battle. Key game features include:
- One-to-two players (via wireless)
- Play 100 new mini games
- Collect up to 300 monkey cards
- Give your mate a taste of monkey madness by sending them a special mini game via the Game Sharing mode
- Play two players on one PSP using the special monkey-shield provided to make sure your opponent doesn’t see what cards you have
Ape Escape Million Monkeys on PlayStation 2 is not about catching apes – this time it’s war. To save the day, and the planet, players need to take on a mighty army of angry apes, hell-bent on world domination, and give them the beating they deserve. Watch out for familiar faces from past Ape Escape titles and be warned, the monkeys aren’t just armed: they’re dangerous too. Key game features include:
- Choose from high-tech vehicles and customizable weaponry to fight against the hoards of monkeys
- Massive Battles against hordes of gun-toting apes and gigantic ape battle-robots
- Enjoy a range of extensive multiplayer options including a chaotic four player battles and a 40-stage Survival Mode